Ms. Paukstis graduated from Georgetown University Law School in 2016, where she received recognition for Exceptional Pro Bono Service. During law school, she served as a law clerk at the ACLU National Prison Project, the Poverty and Race Research Action Council, the U.S. Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division, and the Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law.
Prior to law school, Ms. Paukstis worked as a policy analyst and editor for the Texas State Legislature. Earlier in her career, she worked as a writer and editor for the American Foundation for AIDS Research (amfAR).
Ms. Paukstis received a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from New York University, where she graduated magna cum laude and Phi Beta Kappa. She also holds a Master of Arts in English from the University of Texas at Austin.
Ms. Paukstis is licensed to practice law in the District of Columbia.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Rights
- Employment Law
- Sexual Harassment
- Whistleblower Protection
Current Employment Position
- District of Columbia, 2018
- Georgetown University Law Center, Washington, District of Columbia
- J.D. - 2016
- New York University, New York, New York
- Major: Political Science
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Metropolitan Washington Employment Lawyers Assn., 2019
- National Employment Law Association, 2019
Honors and Awards
- Graduation Recognition for Exceptional Pro Bono Service, Georgetown Univ Law Center
Past Employment Positions
- Alden Law Group, Attorney, 2019 to 2020
- U.S. Commission on Civil Rights, Attorney, 2018 to 2019